Thursday, November 13, 2008

The WALL

Ok so after two painstaking days of moving me around the office they have finally given me a final resting place, same spot, cube is just 1/2 the size it was and it is a smidgen closer to the opening of the copy room .. Apparently that seems to be a problem for most of the people I work with.
So I am sitting on a conference call, yes I have a very exciting work life.. uuuhhh not, and all of a freakin sudden I get this loud BLAM and my whole cube shakes, pieces of cube come flying at my feet.. I freak the heck out pick up the screw that rolled by my shoe. Some idiot just ran over my outter cube wall.. I mean like it isn't even there.. I thought he actually drove his 4 Wheel Drive Diesel Eng, Mud Flap wearing Doolie (sp) into my cube wall but I guess it was just him.. so anyway.. now my outter wall has this stupid piece that just hangs there, can't reattach it because it is brokeass and I have no clue where that screw goes or if it even does.. hell it may have came from some other portion of my desk or cube as a result from the whole traumatic experince it just went through. Damn, there is a wall there.. can't you see it.. So this all happened yesterday morning.. and I think.. hmm that guy just must have been drunk or something.. well NO, not even close.. apparently my wall jumps out at people when they walk by because everyone and their mother walks by and they bump into it.. the whol reason for this re-size and move thing was to widen the walk ways between cube areas.. hmmm so we give them more space to walk through and they still HIT MY FLIPPIN CUBE WALL. doesn't make much since.. So me with my brilliant mind decides to put a Sign up that clearly and nicely says "CAUTION: This is a Real Wall!" Well apparently that opened me up for a few smart asses to come by and smack my wall and giggle at me.. well ok so I can deal with immature brats around here and go on about my biz.. ok think that was it.. not quite.. So today I am here early in the morning 7:30amish and it is all nice and quite, relaxing and I am really getting some work done.. I know I know.. don't pass out I do occassionally do my work... but anyway back to the WALL.. so as mentioned before.. I am all relaxing and working getting stuff done.. and all of a freakin sudden again.. here comes Sally BackPack walking around the corner and BLAM just hits my wall and keeps walking like a drunk pig at a Nine Inch Nails Concert in down town Chicago on a hot summers night... and I get so irritated.. like WTF can't you see my wall, can't you walk 2.1 inches further out to avoid hitting my WALL??? Ok so I get over that and continue to work.. I am on a roll why stop now right.. ok well then all of another freakin sudden BLAM, I look over and it is some other clueless chic with a bigass Paris Hilton silver purse that could hold a small horse with room for a bail of hay and some square dancers, she just keeps on walking.. like nothing happened..
So now I am really irritated and thinking "How can I fix this issue" since apparently it isn't going to fix itself as in like maybe they will actually walk around the wall next time.. so what can I do.. well I have no clue.. the wall is all shaky now and the strip is busted and I am at my wits end.. I am going to look for a Saftey Cone to put by it and some police caution tape to see if that brings the wall to someone's attention.. If they would let me I would spray paint it HOT PINK or BRIGHT YELLOW but then it would probably blind them and they would run over it again cuz they really couldn't see it then.. bad idea.. ok thinking, thinking...... ........ .......... ......................................................................
oh sorry I fell asleep.. Well I am out of ideas.. or never really came up with any.. I guess I'll see if I can get the cone and tape and see how that works.. or a bigass bandaid .. that is really what my WALL needs.. poor thing!!!!
Oh and now some smartass put a little note on my sign saying "I don't believe you" hmmmm Annette was that you.. you are in a mood today.. hmmmm well anyway.. if anyone has ideas, please submit them to me and I'll get VZB pay you for your efforts..
I may have to start a collection bucket "SAVE MY WALL"!!!
ok I am out

No comments: