Friday, February 20, 2009

Surgery Plan

Had my pre-op appts today rather than 02/23 so I got that over with..
Got a script for Vicodin whoo hoo (maybe it is spelled with a T) anyway.. it is at the pharmacy getting filled so I will have it when I am out of surgery...
Had to do a urine specimen and blood work done today, weighed in WHOO HOO lost another pound, urine is to check for pregnancy, blood to check my cbc count (make sure I am not anemic), and that I have no infection. Then off to the doctor's office we go... there I filled out ppwk, signing saying I wouldn't sue if something should happen blah blah blah.. then Dr Blackwell explained in detail what she will be doing and why.. she will make one incision just under my belly button and possibly up to 3 more incisions if needed to get a good view of everything.. she said that she would remove any polyps or fibroids and just check to make sure everything is ok. She will also do a hysteroscopy which is dilating my cervix, not sure what that is for but I am sure she said, I just missed it.. you know INFO OVERLOAD!!!
So I am all set.. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30am no eating anything or drinking anything after midnight the night before (not even gum.. what am I gonna do, I'll go through withdrawls), leave all my jewelry and insurance cards at home, none of that will be needed, wear comfy stretchy waist pants because I will be bloated and have abdominal pain, and I think that is about it.. she said that I should be pretty much back to normal by Friday but could still have a little bleeding almost like a period but not as heavy.. JOY a mid cycle period.. nothing greater than that right? Dr Blackwell said her office will call me the next day to advise on what they found and then on 03/10 I go for my post op appt to discuss our next steps and procedures to get preggo FAST!
So there you have it.. I will try to update after I get the call from the docs office but no promises.. it may be a week or so before I get back to this..
Take care and I will blog soon
KT is OUT-T

No comments: