Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year (just a little late)

Hello everyone, Happy New Year to ya!!
I know I am posting this a few days late.. but sheesh it is only the 11th day of the new year.. I am not that bad...
So the Holiday's started out sucky with the m/c and all but they did get better as I knew they would. We started our Christmas Journey on December 20 2008.. heading to Illinois to visit Laura, John, Jackson and Chloe.. it was so very nice to get to see the gang .. seems like such a long time since we last saw them. The stay was relaxing and nice other than the -5 degrees .. that I SO could have done without.. We didn't let Joshua play in the snow, not because we are mean parents but because we are smart parents.. I mean who wants to be 11 hours away from home visiting family and have a sick child to tend to while trying to avoid getting everyone else (Jackson and prego Aunt Laura) sick.... So instead of letting him go out and have a total blast in the fluffy white stuff we kept him inside with Jackson so they could play and of course we watched "Rudolph the red nose reindeer" 167465 times.. but hey... what better way to Kick off the Holidays right???
We stayed in Il until around Tuesday December 23rd 2008 and then made our way through crazy Chicago all the way to MC, Indiana to visit the in-laws (well my in-laws, Steve's parents) and we go to see Uncle Mike, Uncle Chris, Aunt Sarah, Aunt Carol, Gary, Jenny and Eileen.. it was super nice to get to visit with each of them. Now on December 24th we headed over to Aunt Carol and Gary's to have a Christmas Eve Shin Dig.. man was that food good.. and lots of it.. We ate all night and played Taboo for a few hours.. it was so fun. Oh yeah almost forgot to mention it took us 3 tries to get up the drive way due to all of the ICE.. arrgghhh.. but we made it in the Trusty Odyssey... On Christmas morning a VERY Special someone was putting gifts under the tree when Joshua had to go potty.. it was 6:30am ... Joshua went to the bath room and when he came out.. SURPRISE.. Santa was there... I think Joshua starteled Santa because when he was eating his cookies, he got them all over the couch and the floor.. I am pretty sure he didn't get much cookie in his mouth.. So anyway needless to say.. this was the HIGH LIGHT of Joshua's Christmas.. he was so excited.. now Jackson on the other hand.. was a bit freightened by him .. but oh well.. he did accept a gift from Santa but it was a quick hand off. LOL "Maybe Later" as Jackson always says when he does't want to do something.. too cute.
So the rest of the visit was nice since it rained and washed all the snow and Ice away.. I went shopping at the outlet mall and got some great deals.. on December 29th we packed up the van and headed back home to Oklahoma.. it was a long drive but nice day.. sun was out, not a ton of traffic until St Louis, MO since it was a Monday and all.. (we planned it that way) oh yeah and also by the way 12/29 is my baby brother Kevin's b-day too.. HAPPY LATE B-DAY KEVIN!!!
So now that we are back at home and starting our new year things have been a little bit calmer and relaxing.. got the Christmas Tree and decorations packed up today 01/11/09 and truly ready to start 2009 off with a bang..
Plans & Goals for 2009 include:
Getting pregnant and it sticking, Having a small and fun party at Incredible Pizza for Joshua in February, as well as taking him to see Playhouse Disney Live, vacation back to IN and IL for the birth of Jackson's baby brother or sister in July as well as going to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Chris' wedding .. WOW busy month .. we are also planning on squeezing in a Family vacation to either Northern NM or Colorado .. just gotta get the details down.., I will be going to Fayetteville, AR at the end of Feb/first of March to visit a dear friend Jennifer Cox-Earney.. plan on going shopping and watching a Razorback basketball game against Georgia.. I can't wait.. Steve will probably schedule his yearly Golf Trip with his dad and brothers again for later in the year.. and I really hope that we can make it down to New Orleans to visit with my sister, Frank and Brody.. would be nice if Jericho was there too but not sure that will work out like I hope.. we will see..
I am sure we will take a few little trips here and there but this year I really want to get out and see some things with Joshua.. like maybe taking a short weekend trip to St Louis, MO to see the Arch and go to the Zoo there.. maybe a few other places that we could head out on a Friday evening and come home on Sunday.. you know those kinda trips.. just the fam... get Joshua some culture you know!!!
Well that about does it, I sure hope everyone has a very prosperous new year and gets all their wishes in 2009!!!

No comments: