Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Appointment!

well the appointment went about as well as I thought it would.. I was really nervous and even had a lump in my throat... my BP was good though 114/68, I think, I figured it would be sky high. So anyway, the doc just went over our history, asked us a few questions and then gave us the spill on how the older you get the less your chances are of producing good healthy eggs, blah blah blah (insert scientific stuff here). Steve has to have some test too, but I wont go into detail I am sure you know. She (doc) asked how long it took us to conceive Joshua and I told her 9 months, she said that it could have just been pure luck that we got preggers with him but only tests will tell. So off to the exam room we go.. Steve shot out to the waiting area like a super sonic blast when they said they were gonna do an internal u/s LOL. The u/s showed that my uterine lining (ul) is good and thick like it is supposed to be and both of my ovaries were good in size and shape. So she sent us home with a "Plan of Action" for next cycle if for some reason we aren't preggo this time around. Steve is very hopeful since I got 3 Positive OPKs, I know weird!! I couldn't believe it CD14 it was super positive, then I was like 'What the heck, I'll test again" and low and behold CD15 same thing.. super positive, so again CD16 I decide again.. "What the heck" and test yet a 3rd time and WOW another super positive.. it was crazy.. like I was having a SUPER POSITIVE OPK fest or something...
So back t the "Plan of Action", if we are not preggo this cycle:
CD1: Call the nurse to advise AF showed
CD3: FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level measurement & baseline u/s
CD5-9: Clomid 100mg
CD10: FSH level measurement
If my levels are HIGH, it means that my body is having to use a lot of hormone (fsh) to drive the ovary to produce an egg, causing fewer eggs that are fertilizable (yeah it's a word), and more difficulty achieving a pregnancy. If they are LOW, this is a sign that it doesn't take much fsh to stimulate the ovary to produce an egg, thus meaning we have a better chance of achieving a pregnancy.
Sooooo with all that mumbo jumbo said, we WAIT!!!!
If no pregnancy occurs after the Clomid Challenge Test (sounds like a game show, I wonder if Pat Sajak would like to Host this game for me?) hmmm oh yeah back to the blog..
If no pregnancy occurs after the Clomid Challenge Test, we go back to the drawing board but with a more agressive approach (not sure what that means yet.. I guess I'll have to wait for the next book to be published to get the low down on that).
So there ya go folks.. The appointment has come and gone and I still have the lump in my throat what the crap is that all about???? I am not sleeping well and I can't quit eating .. not good this time of year!!! I am not motivated to do anything either... not sure what is going on with me.. I have an appt with my psychologist next week.. maybe she can figure it out.. we will see....
Ok I am out!!

No comments: