Monday, December 8, 2008

"The Birth Story" from the mouth of a 3 year old

3yr old: "I was in my mommy's belly when I was a baby, but not because she was eating me"
adult ?: "So what did you do while in mommy's belly?"
3yr old: "Nothing, it was dark in there"
adult ?: "What toys did you play with while in there?"
3yr old: "There weren't any toys in there"
adult ?: "Did you eat while you were in there?"
3yr old: "No, there wasn't any food in there"
adult ?: "Did you read any books while in there?"
3yr old: "No, there weren't any books in there"
dad ?: "Did anyone read any books to you while you were in there?"
3yr old: "No, I was in there all by myself"
mom: "Yes someone did, mommy and daddy read stories to you while you were in there!"
3yr old: "Oh"
adult ?: "How were your born?"
3yr old: "I just BOOMED out of her belly" Insert arm punching up in the air
adult ?: "so you just boomed out huh?"
3yr old: "Yeah I just BOOMED out" insert another arm punching up in the air motion

This is a conversation that we had with Joshua while in the van this past weekend while driving back from the resturant. My dear friend Paula and her husband Kevin were up visiting and not sure how we got on the subject of being pregnant or babies in bellies.. but Joshua picked up on the vibe some how and just out of the blue says "I was in my mommy's belly when I was a baby, but not because she was eating me" .. and of course this just intrigued the adults so we started asking questions. There were more questions but I can't remember them all, I just kinda hit on the good ones and the answers.. I was in shock I think, thinking.. "How in the world, would this kid come up with this stuff?" But he was as serious as a 3yr old could be while telling you a story about something.. and if you have ever been around a 3yr old telling a story, you know JUST HOW SERIOUS they get.
Joshua has been baffeling us for the past couple of weeks with things he is talking about.. it is "SUPER COOL" as he says, to hear the information that he has in that smart little brain of his.. I completely love it.. if we can get him at a good time Steve and I will try to video tape a conversation for you all.. Ms Haula and Uncle Jim (aka Paula and Kevin), not sure where the Jim came from were the only ones so far (outside of school) that has witnessed the "Joshua Conversations" but I would love for you all to see and hear some of them.. they are too cute.

No comments: