Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacation

Well we finally made it home Saturday after a 11 hour drive/ride from DeKalb, Il .. we had tons of fun and got lots of Sun.
Sarah and Chris' wedding was beautiful and I totally loved the "Alternative" Wedding March ... the Theme from Indiana Jones ... can't beat that huh??? Sarah is so creative. She had a beautiful gown with red accents and a super duper yummy cake from Truffles... I have to confess I had a piece of both the chocolate and the white... and I don't regret it one bit!!! Chris looked quite handsome in his suit/tux (not sure if it was a full blown tux or not)... but he did look nice and he even cut the long goat off of his chin... Awww the things love makes you do!!! So Joshua was very happy as the best man's son Blane and daughter Morgan was super fun to hang out with even if they were 5-7 years older than him.. he hung with them very well and was almost as tall as Blane who is 9 years old (WOW). Ok well I had to actually keep a close eye on Joshua as he thought since he was hanging with a 9yr old he could do things a 9yr old can do... well "Mommy don't play dat"... I had to rope him in a few times but other than that.. he did very well. We went to the beach (Lake Michigan/Mt Baldy) for a fun day in the sun and a cook out. Joshua and I got some much needed sun and I climed Mt Baldy.. now I did get beat by a 9yr old but hey I freakin made it all the way and was only out of breath for about 15 minutes afterwards LOL Steve of course was the winner.. bragger... but he did good and then video'd the rest of us coming up... Jeremy (best man) came in 2nd and then RAN down and at the very end... face planted and tumbled down... I laughed really hard even though I was out of breath... and yes Steve got it on video... that'll be a CLASSIC hehehe. So after we sunned for a bit, we ate chicken, brats and dogs and played on the playground equipment... fun times... then back to the beach for a bit more SUN. Wednesday I finally got to go shopping at the Outlet mall and got Joshua some clothes for big kid school... which starts in less than 25 days (insert nail biting smiley)... and I also got a few smelly goods for our house at Bath and Body Works.. mmmmm yummy... We also went to Gary, In and no we didn't visit Michael Jackson's childhood home but we did get to see a "RAILCATS" baseball game.. whoo hoo Go Railcats...
So then it was off to DeKalb, IL to visit Laura, John, Jackson and Owen... Owen was less than 2 weeks old so that was especially fun times ... he is such a cutie... slept, ate and pooped most the time but hey... what can you expect from a small fry like him at such an early age... Jackson was totally great.. he is out of his shell and gave us hugs and played very well with Joshua.. He is getting so big, I can't believe he is 3yrs old already... where does the time go??? So while in DeKalb, we took the boys fishing (Joshua's first time), he caught a few fish and just loved it.. he looked like The Beav out there fishing with Steve... so now we are calling him Leave it to Beaver... we also took Joshua and Jackson out to the Golf Course... again Joshua's first time and we only played 9holes thank goodness.. both boys were almost at meltdown mode by hole 8 but we did make it and again.. I got some sun on my nose and arms... whoo hoo. We got a lot of visiting in and it was so nice to see the Pfaff's again... miss those guys already... so we are driving away from Laura and John's house Saturday for our long trip home and I look at Joshua and he says "I miss Jackson" and two little tears roll down his little chubby cheek... it was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen. Poor little guy... and the "We made it home" call to Jackson was great.. Joshua says "I miss you Jackson, I had fun playing with you and I love you" How freakin cute is that.. he melts my heart (well most the time at least).
So we are now back home in Tulsa and back at work. Steve is now in my organization at work and learning a new job... I know he can do it.. he is such a smart guy.
So all in all we had a wonderful week away from home and can't wait until mid September when we head back to DeKalb for a few more days of visiting and the "Pod Party".. Owen should be a little older so we can see some of the newborn changes YAHHH... and we promised Joshua that we would stop in St Louis, MO and go in the Arch. I am pushing for some Chicago time too (Zoo, Shedd Aquarium, Sears Tower, Pizza) so we will see.

No comments: